can’t go back (x)
can’t go back (x)
OMG, I did not expect to enjoy the show as much as I have. Now I have to try and find season 3 to watch.
6 WRITING TIPS FROM JOHN STEINBECK
- Abandon the idea that you are ever going to finish. Lose track of the 400 pages and write just one page for each day, it helps. Then when it gets finished, you are always surprised.
- Write freely and as rapidly as possible and throw the whole thing on paper. Never correct or rewrite until the whole thing is down. Rewrite in process is usually found to be an excuse for not going on. It also interferes with flow and rhythm which can only come from a kind of unconscious association with the material.
- Forget your generalized audience. In the first place, the nameless, faceless audience will scare you to death and in the second place, unlike the theater, it doesn’t exist. In writing, your audience is one single reader. I have found that sometimes it helps to pick out one person—a real person you know, or an imagined person and write to that one.
- If a scene or a section gets the better of you and you still think you want it—bypass it and go on. When you have finished the whole you can come back to it and then you may find that the reason it gave trouble is because it didn’t belong there.
- Beware of a scene that becomes too dear to you, dearer than the rest. It will usually be found that it is out of drawing.
- If you are using dialogue—say it aloud as you write it. Only then will it have the sound of speech.
"If there is a magic in story writing, and I am convinced there is, no one has ever been able to reduce it to a recipe that can be passed from one person to another. The formula seems to lie solely in the aching urge of the writer to convey something he feels important to the reader. If the writer has that urge, he may sometimes, but by no means always, find the way to do it. You must perceive the excellence that makes a good story good or the errors that makes a bad story. For a bad story is only an ineffective story."
I should have done this some time ago but getting my arse in gear and taking the photos, seemed like such hard work (I’m so lazy fuck!).
Anyway here it is (better late than never). It was going to be 20,000 but then I moved house and you know how things are.
This is a MULTI-FANDOM giveaway.
1. You must be following me, it’s a follower giveaway after all.
2. No giveaway blogs (though it doesn’t have to be your main blog).
3. Re-blogs and likes count.
4. I will ship anywhere but be warned I will only pay standard post, so if it gets lost on the way, I’m sorry but tough (I will keep postal receipts so I can’t be accused of not sending).
5. Giveaway ends in one calendar month, on March 23rd. Winners will have 48 hours to respond or I will pick someone else.
6. You must be prepared to give me a postal address (obviously).
7. There will be three winners.
First winner can choose five things from group 1 ( that’s 5 individual items). One thing from group 2. Two things from group 3. One thing from group 4 and three things from group 5 (DVDs are one item each).
Second winner can choose (after first winner) 3 things from group 1. One thing from group 2. One thing from group 3. One thing from group 4 and 3 things from group 5.
Third winner can choose (after winners 1 and 2) 3 things from group 1. One thing from group 2. One thing from group 3. One thing from group 4 and 3 things from group 5.
Badges and penis lipsticks are one item each. The army patches are two sets, each set is one item. The desert ones have been to Afghanistan and back, the green ones are new. Info on the tags is from Two Two One Bravo Baker.
Dean’s necklace, handmade sterling silver (adjustable) angel wings ring and keychain.
Star Trek keychain (this is a one off I had made), Commander badge, luggage tag, and passport holder. Doctor Who wallet.
Game of Thrones season 3 complete. I think this is multi region but I haven’t checked so it’s your risk. Stark ring in stainless steel (it is very large) and dragon ear cuff.
Waistcoat is marked large but isn’t very large, Hawking DVD I think is multi-region as it’s a copy of a download (not the greatest quality but not bad). Other DVDs are all region 2 (Europe) and used. Rupert Graves in Maurice, Martin Freeman in Swinging with the Finkels and The Old Curiosity Shop. A skull and roses cross necklace, a handmade (by me) pirate necklace and a Lord of the Rings elf necklace. Last of all one of those iPhone/iPod headphone cases.
Ooops forgot to say winners will be picked at random.
Well, that’s 4 of the entire ensemble painted! I wanted to say thanks to everyone who’s supported my work so far. It means everything.
I’m possibly re-doing Moriarty in a ‘darker’ way - Prints of this one are available though - Raiecha.email@example.com.
Molly is next. Love you all. <3
friendly reminder of that time Karl Urban did this in a photo
I think I like Penis Fridays ;-)
Happy 68th Birthday, Alan Rickman! (21.02.1946)
It’s not just work, it’s your life. And it’s a human need to be told stories. The more we’re governed by idiots and have no control over our destinies, the more we need to tell stories to each other about who we are, why we are, where we come from, and what might be possible.
What if Doctor Who was an American show?
¡¡¡Best Post Ever!!!
'What if Doctor Who was an American Show' fan casting.
So glad that Doctor Who is NOT American!!
It’s finished! And I’ve died and gone to heaven! <3
'Person of Interest' is the only show currently on air that I'm unreservedly in love with. It's a sneaky, clever, shockingly subtle (for all the explosions and guns), and drily funny sci-fi thriller with excellent, understated characters and more badassery than you can shake a stick at. And menswear. So much lovely menswear.
Anyway, I ran across this fanvid when cruising through YouTube and couldn’t believe how perfectly it captured the
suicide pactspirit of the series. It doesn’t have nearly the views or comments it should, despite some spot-on pacing, a perfect song, and fantastic thematic sensibilities. Anyone who either already enjoys the show or is considering checking it out should take a peek. You won’t regret it.
(Fanvid is not mine, but rather was made by the peerless Astolat).
This is still the cutest thing ever.
WHY IS THIS STILL NOT A3 SIZED?
I am curious about how many people watch and love the tv show Person of Interest at least of the people here on tumblr. I love the show and when I started watching it, I couldn’t stop until I finished all the episodes until the last one that had aired. I just love all the past and present characters : Reese, Finch, Carter, Fusco, Shaw, and many other characters. Reblog if you watch and love Person of Interest.
~~ “I don’t think there’s a woman out there alive that can fix you John.”
Zoe is wrong and she thought maybe she could “fix” John. But John didn’t love her, he was in love with Joss. They were meant to be together. Joss did fix John. He was happy. They were happy and in love for each other. This love will last forever.
Am I the only person in this fandom, who does not get this pairing? It was just thrown at us in that episode, not a hint or clue up until then that John felt anything more than friendship for Joss…I just don’t buy it! (Runs of to hide from all the outraged fans).